Sabudana is the most popular upwas food in North India and sabudana khichidi is most popular preparation and so are the many ways of preparing it. This is one of the recipe that i thought was a little different and is from the mother of a friend of mine.
Sabudana - 1 cup
Potato - 1/2 cup grated
Hot Green Chilli - 2 finely chopped
Groundnut - 1/4 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 1/4 cup chopped fine
Oil - 2 tbsp
1. Wash sabudana and drain out water and keep aside for 2-3 hrs or overnight in the fridge.
2. Grate potato and mix it with soaked sabudana.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and fry till golden.
4. Add chilli and groundnuts and fry till nuts are done .
5. Set the heat to low and add sabudana potato mix to the pan.
6. Add salt to taste and cover and cook till potato is done.
7. Sprinkle with coriander leaves
8. Serve with a lemon wedge or a dollop of curd.