I think everyone young or old loves poori - aloo ki sabzi combo. Its my favorite traveling combo and specially love to take it to picnics. Poori dough made with milk instead of water makes poori soft so best for traveling. Aloo sabzi prepared without onion and tomato travels well too . I have used ginger garlic paste but that can also be avoided . Pickle is must with this combo. Here i have poori aloo with mango pickle and fresh diakon radish.
For Poori :
Whole wheat Flour / Atta - 1 cup
Water - 1/2 cup , luke arm is best
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Oil for frying
1. Mix atta and salt well ,then add water and make a dough
2. Apply oil all over the dough , cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Knead the dough again well for sometime.
4. Divide the dough into ping pong ball size pieces .
5. Roll each piece between hand to form a round ball.
6. And press each ball between palms to from a disc.
7. Roll each disc into small rounds using rolling pins.
8. Once you have rolled a few of the discs you are ready to fry.
9. Heat oil in a deep heavy bottom pan to 350 F.
10. Drop one rolled poori into oil.
11.When it starts to come up press lightly with a spoon to help it puff.
12. Turn and cook till both sides are golden.
13. Repeat for rest of the dough
For Aloo Sabzi :
Potato - 2 cups , 1'' cubes boiled with salt and 1/4 tsp turmeric till fork tender
Oil - 2 tbsp
Ginger garlic chili paste - 1 tsp ( Grind equal part of ginger,garlic and green chilli)
Chilli Pw - 2 tsp or to taste
Coriander Pw - 2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
1. Heat oil and hing and potato and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
2. Add chilli , coriander, garam masala and mix well.
3. Cook on medium heat for another 5 minutes,mixing light handedly now and then.
4. Remove from flame and add lemon juice and mix well.