Back to blogging after a long vacation to India. After all unpacking and cleaning i was feeling a little lazy to get back to blogging :).
But few days back a friend of ours send us some URAD DAL laddo and very so yummy that i was tempted to try it myself and now back to blogging . And i found a wonderful recipe in "Cooking at home with Pedatha" . I cannot write enough about this book , just loved every recipe i have tried and these recipes has become a regular in my kitchen.
Urad (Black Gram) Dal husked - 2 cups
Sugar Powder - 3/4 cup
Cashew /or any nut of choice - a few
Caradamom Pw - few pinches
Ghee - 1/2- 3/4 cup
- Dry roast the dal until golden and grind to fine powder.
- Add sugar and cardamom pw.
- Fry cashews in ghee and add to the mixture.
- Melt remaining ghee and pour into the mixture slowly enough to bind to laddo.
- And make small balls and enjoy.