This week through blog hop event i got introduced to konkani recipes at Ruchik Randhap . I have never cooked any konkani recipes and at ruchik randhap there were so many that i wanted to try but thought of starting with the quintessential Manglore preparation "Neer Dosa". Loved it for its simplicity and taste.
Raw Rice - 1 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Cooked rice - 2 tbsp
Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
- Soak the rice for few hours till tender.
- Add coconut ,cooked rice , salt and grind rice with water to a fine paste.
- Heat a non stick frying pan and lightly grease it with 1/4 -1/2 tsp oil.
- Pour a ladle of batter and spread it like thin french crepe or omelet.
- Cover and cook for a minutes or till the crepe leaves the pan.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool a bit before folding to quarter.
- Serve with chutney , fish or chicken curry.
I'm sending this entry to "Blog-Hop-Wednesdays" at tickling palates.