This recipe is from "cooking with Pedatha". I have used kovakka ( tendli in hindi) where as she had used a different vegetable in the original recipe . This recipe will go very well with rice and very good for lunchbox too.
Tendli - 1/2 kg
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
Jaggery - 1 tspSesame seeds - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Red Chilies - 2-3 ,broken
Green Chilies - 2 ,slit
Hing - a pinch
Curry Leaves a few
- Roast sesame seeds till golden , cool and coarsely grind and keep aside.
- Wash and cut tendli into half and slice thin.
- Heat oil in a big enough pan and add urad dal and when it turns golden add mustard.
- Lower the flame and add chilies , curry leaves , hing turmeric,coriander and chili powder.
- Add the vegetable and mix well and cook till tender.
- Then add sesame powder, jaggery and salt and stir .
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes and you are ready to serve.